Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lazy Girl Hair Hack: Perfect, No-Heat Beachy Waves


If you’re like me, you’ve tried dozens of “super simple” Pinterest hair tutorials only to wind up with results that leave you feeling like a very special kind of idiot.
I remember attempting the “sock bun.” The beauty blogger made it look oh-so easy and had the perfect little doughnut perched atop her head within three minutes. I, on the other hand, wasted a good half hour that made me late for work and left me with some kind of part-bun, part-ponytail, part-bear-mauled-me-in-the-woods look.
So when I came across this tutorial by Vivian Vo-Farmer, promising gorgeous beachy waves without the use of an iron or blow dryer, I was skeptical. I’d tried many methods to achieve this look popularized by celebs like Blake LivelyKate Hudson and Jessica Alba – all of them resulting in a big, fat fail.
One technique suggested braiding damp hair and leaving it overnight, but this attempt left me with crimp-like locks reminiscent of an old-school Cyndi Lauper video. Another instructed me to pin hair up into a series of top knots and let dry, but this resulted in too much volume with bends weaving in all the wrong directions.
Still, ever the determined masochist, I tried yet another heatless wavy hair tutorial. Check it out:


No comments:

Post a Comment